Monday, November 9, 2009

KaLe ChiPs


KALE CHIPS.....
Have a craving for something salty and crunchy? Try KALE chips!! They are easy and yummy and SO healthy! WHo knew SuPeR FOod could taste so good!

1 bunch kale, rinsed and dried well- cut the cener stalk out
A lttle bit of olive oil OR sesame Oil OR nonstick cooking spray
sea salt to taste ( remember sea salt is about 10 timeas as flavorfull as table salt)
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. From kale, remove and discard thick stems, and tear leaves into large pieces. Spread leaves in single layer on 2 large cookie sheets. Spray leaves with nonstick cooking spray to coat lightly; sprinkle with salt. Bake kale 12 to 15 minutes or just until kale chips are crisp but not browned. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks.
Eat the whole sheet because these are Great for you!!!
ENJOY!!!!
People have signed up the the grains class- if you want to come I need to know by MOn Nov 16. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I have never had Kale before. But that does look and sound great. I'll have to give it a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kalani I am so excited about this! I have a quick question about the garlic! Where is the best place to buy that locally.. I have always bought mine just at the grocery store??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana - I have been meaning to call you- sorry we missed you! the best place to get garlic is anywhere local- you could ask the grocers if they irradiate theirs or where they get it- I usually get mine at farmers markets, grammys etc.. or plant it- right now is the time and you will get in the spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kalani,
    The class was great! Thanks for all the info! I am excited to see the rest of your blog and learn some great things!

    ReplyDelete